BonBonanza

I'm Bonnie, and I make stuff!

Buttonhole Neckwarmer

Posted on | September 23, 2011 | 10 Comments

Well, I’ve written another pattern! It’s a lot like my buttonhole scarflet, but I tried to make it more of a polished pattern this time. That and it’s a neckwarmer instead of a scarflet. One of my favorite parts is the heart-shaped button I made for it! I just took one of the wooden branch buttons I made and sanded it until it was heart-shaped. It’s so cute! Anyway, here’s the pattern.

This pattern uses a H hook, Caron simply soft, and a 1″ diameter button.

(Even though the button I used was a heart shape, I compared it to a round button and it’s the equivalent of a 1″ diameter button.)

Buttonhole Neckwarmer

Buttonhole Neckwarmer with Heart Button!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ch = Chain

Dc = double crochet

Inc = increase by making 2 of the specified st in 1 st

Sc = single crochet

Sl = slip stitch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Foundation Row:To begin, ch 86. Sl in 17th chain from hook to form buttonhole. Dc in same st and each across until 1 ch remains. Make 6 dc in last ch and begin working on other side of Β the starting chain. (75 dc)

Rnd 1: Skip the other side of the ch with 6 dc in it. Dc in next ch and each across until you reach the buttonhole. Make 25 dc around (not into the stitches of) the chain loop, dc in each st across until you reach the dc-6 from the previous row. [Dc inc] in each of the next 6 sts. (175 dc)

Rnd 2: Dc in each of the next 78 sts. [Dc inc] in each of the next 3 sts, dc in next st, [dc inc] in the next 3 sts. Dc in each of the next 78 sts. [Dc inc in next st, dc in next st] 6 times. (187 dc)

Rnd 3: Dc in each of the next 80 sts. [Dc inc in next st, dc in next st] 4 times, [dc inc] in next st. Dc in each of the next 84 sts. [Dc inc in next st, dc in next st] 5 times. (197 dc)

Rnd 4: Dc in each of the next 85 sts. [Dc inc in next st, dc in each of next 2 sts] 4 times. Dc in each of the next 86 sts. [Dc inc in next st, dc in next 2 sts] 2 times, dc in next st. [Dc inc in next st, dc in next 2 sts] 2 times. (205 dc)

Rnd 5: Dc in each of the next 86 dc; [dc inc] in next st. [Dc in each of the next 6 sts, dc inc in next st] 2 times. Dc in each of the next 87 sts. [Dc inc] next st. [Dc in each of the next 7 sts, dc inc in next st] 2 times. (211 dc)

Rnd 6: Dc in each of the next 91 sts. [Dc inc] in next st, dc in each of next 6 sts, [dc inc] in next st. Dc in each of the next 97 sts. [Dc inc] in next st, dc in each of the next 8 sts, [dc inc] in next st. Dc in each of the next 5 sts. (215 dc) Sc in next st, sl in next st. Finish off, weave in ends.

Attach button at the end of the original chain opposite the buttonhole.

One finished Buttonhole Neckwarmer unbuttoned πŸ˜€

Buttonhole Neckwarmer

And the finished product closed. πŸ™‚

Comments

10 Responses to “Buttonhole Neckwarmer”

1. Rayona
    September 24th, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

This is adorable and I can’t wait to try my hand at making one. I’ve been a knitter for quite some time and I’m now teaching myself to crochet, so this will be a great new project. Thank you so much for a sweet design and for sharing.

2. Bonnie
    September 26th, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

Thank you for your feedback πŸ˜€ it’s great to hear it’s appreciated. Happy crocheting!

3. MoonBell
    September 26th, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

First of all, both patterns are uber-cute, and now I may bug my hubby to make me some wooden buttons! Secondly, I was going to let you know I have subscribed via MacMail, even if it doesn’t show up… I know I could sure use the encouragement if someone actually read mine. πŸ˜‰

4. Bonnie
    September 27th, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

I’ll check it out πŸ™‚ Have fun with the buttons!

5. Lee Ann
    November 12th, 2011 @ 11:55 pm

Beautiful neckwarmer pattern! Thank you! πŸ™‚

_______
    Lee Ann

My new blog: Crochetgottaloveit
    *********
    My website: Crochet…Gotta Love It!

6. Buttonhole Neckwarmer « Crochet Day to Day
    December 11th, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

[…] a quick project! The Buttonhole Neckwarmer from Bonbonanza works up fast and is a great way to showcase a special […]

7. Amy
    November 12th, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

Hi, I’m Amy, I have a crochet site called Crochet Jewel! I really love your crochet patterns! I started a crochet directory on my site and I wanted to know if you would be interested in adding one or more of your patterns on Crochet Jewel. I will feature your crochet photo and direct link on my siite, my facebook page, Twitter, and Pinterest! I would only show your photo and link, but the viewer will have to go to your site to see the pattern, so you get all the credit! I average a few thousand or more viewers daily with my own patterns I created. This will give you more viewers to your site! You would Just go to this link and add your pattern. Hope to see you there! http://crochetjewel.com/?page_id=4435
    Also, I have Crochet Forum, if you would like to add your patterns or just get some patterns yourself! http://crochetforum.blogspot.com/

8. Bonnie
    November 22nd, 2013 @ 4:52 am

Sure, sounds great, Amy! My only concern would be the credit going to me, so you go right ahead. πŸ™‚

9. Verlene
    November 25th, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

This is complete genius! I can’t believe no one else has thought of this. Easy, cute and I am sure warm! Thanks for sharing!

10. Bonnie