I said I’d polish the blocks, and polish them, I did!
The basic method of this is pretty straightforward:
- Get some of the beeswax-and-oil goop from whatever container it’s in.
- Smear said goop all over the surfaces of whatever you want polished and protected, until every bit is covered. It shouldn’t be thick on there, just enough to make it very shiny; maybe a bit slippery.
- Let all goop-covered items sit for at least 15-20 minutes. (I let mine sit for a couple of hours, because I got distracted, and it made zero difference.)
- Wipe off any excess polish with a soft cotton cloth.
- Enjoy your pretty bit of wood!
I also used this polish on my black walnut buttons. 🙂 Just goes to show, a good method is the gift that keeps on giving.